Warning! Warning! Danger Will Robinson! (For all the Lost in Space fans out there.)
Navel gazing post ahead!
March 2020 will see me celebrating, perhaps acknowledging is a more appropriate word, my four year blog anniversary and it’s time for a little reflection, and hopefully some interaction/feedback from your good selves.
It has been an interesting journey across the page, across the years.
- Struggled to find my voice as a travel blogger
- Struggled to find the time to commit pen to paper, and
- Constantly struggle with niggling self-doubt that what I write has any sort of value.
On the flipside, I:
- Believe this writing gig has been very good for my brain, stretching my vocabulary and forcing me think more analytically about what I am seeing and what I am saying.
- Have made some good ‘friends’ with likeminded souls I have never met. These friends include fellow travel bloggers sharing their amazing adventures and perspectives, and interested readers specialising in armchair travel who provide unending support along the way.
I know I haven’t nailed every blog post. Sometimes the words just refuse to flow from brain to pen and I then wonder whether this writing malarkey is the best use of my time. But I am committed to turning up to the page and I know I just have to keep trying to do my best on any given day.
So, in the spirit of this navel gazing phase I am wallowing in, it is time to turn it over to you all. I really do want to become a better writer and to share destinations, topics and memories that resonate with you.
The Comments section below has always been your place and space to share your thoughts on what I am writing, and now I would appreciate it more than ever.
Would you please take a few moments to let me know:
- What has been your favourite topic or post?
- What topic should I change or skip completely?
- What would you like me to write more about?
- Shorter posts vs longer posts?
- Is there something you would like me to share in a different way? More photos, less words?
- Is there something new you would like me to write about?
- A specific topic to research on your behalf?
- A product to review?
- Or visit somewhere new? (Oops, that rhymes)
I would really like to understand where your passions lie (remembering this is a Family show) rather than me just rabbiting on about mine.
So, it’s over to you folks…
Light up the Comments section below with your wisdom and constructive feedback. I am a Big Girl, I can take it.
And most importantly, thanks for reading, liking, sharing, commenting, following and traveling along with me. You are great traveling companions!
#feedback #blogcreativity #travelblog #constructivecriticism